Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Jessica Ferguson is featured AGAIN in RIGHT ON!


Texas grown pop princess, JESSICA FERGUSON truly lives the phrase “sky is the limit.” Despite the fact that life has thrown her a few curve balls, this young lady keeps striving to be the best. Although she is only 20 years old, she is certainly someone worth looking up to. As busy as she is with her high school tour, she found a moment in her busy schedule to answer a few questions for us.

How old were you when you decided you wanted to be a singer?I’ve always wanted to be a singer, I started getting into it at 6, and then I began taking voice lessons. I wanted to actually take piano lessons instead, but the instructor noticed my voice and told me to go for singing.

What would you say your genre of music is? Dance/Urban Pop.

Who inspires you most as a singer? There are so many people. Celine Dion, Barbara Streisand, Bette Midler and Michael Jackson. But more recently, Beyonce’ and Jennifer Lopez. All entertainers who have been able to perform both music and dance, and basically have a style of their own.

What’s the best part about being a singer? It’s such a love of mine. I’m happiest when I’m singing and performing. I get so much fulfillment from the excitement you get when you’re singing and performing. It’s also great being able to tell a story through a song that you’re singing.

What’s the worst part about being a singer? Definitely taking care of my voice. It’s not exactly the worst, but as singers we walk around with our instruments, so it’s difficult. Knowing how to take care of my voice and for it to be able to function properly has definitely been hard.

To read more, click on the link: http://www.rightonmag.com/2010/02/rightonmag-com-exclusive-interview-jessica-ferguson/

No comments: